Happy New Year! We’re so glad to have made it through another year of strengthening Baltimore’s youth through our positive fitness environment. At the start of every new year, we like to focus on creating new goals for the year ahead so we can emphasize continued growth. We do goal setting a little differently, however. While many people create New Year’s resolutions and forget about them a few weeks into the year, our goals are much SMARTer and can truly help you achieve your objectives!
What is SMART Goal Setting
SMART is an acronym that we use all the time when trying to create goals for ourselves and our participants. Here are the guidelines that the acronym outlines:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant)
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating)
- Achievable (agreed, attainable)
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
- Time-bound (time-based, time-limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive)
That’s all great, but how can we use it to develop our own goals? These guiding questions help us get there!
- What do I want to accomplish in 2021?
- Why is this goal important to me?
- Who can help me achieve my goal?
- How will I track my progress this year?
- How much? / How many?
- Is this goal too easy for me?
- Is this goal too hard for me? (We can always adjust our goals down the road for either of these issues!)
- What can I do to make sure I meet my goal?
- How will achieving this goal benefit me?
- Am I passionate about my goal?
- When would I like to achieve my goal? (1 month? 6 months? The end of 2021?)
- What can I do each day to help me get that much close to achieving my goal?
Set 2021 Goals with MissionFit!
MissionFit is dedicated to strengthening Baltimore youth through classes and an open gym. It’s our goal to encourage positive traits, like respect and teamwork, and provide children with a place to gain self-confidence and enjoy some exercise. To learn more about our classes or donate to support our mission, visit our website. Want to Support? We’re making health a possibility and a priority for Baltimore’s youth. If you want to support us, here are three easy ways to do so:
- Donate here!
- Amazon Wishlist– buy something specific that will make it easier for youth to achieve their health goals.
- You can put your online shopping to good use by donating a percentage of your purchase with AmazonSmile! To get started, sign in here, search for “MissionFit,” and select us as your charity of choice.